circle background

Monday, November 18, 2013

New Challenge to keep my mind busy

So I got too busy with work to do 26 quilts in 12 months...however...I have a more attainable goal set for myself.  Last night I purchased the new book Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  I've been wanting to buy it for a while now and it took a lot of digging to finally find it at JoAnn's so that I could use my 40% off coupon.  I was so excited.  I haven't had the chance to sit down and really go through it yet.  But, I have decided that I am going to make a quilt that includes each one of the 100 quilt blocks. 

I am hoping that this will help me keep me busy.  Anytime I have any down time recently I just keep thinking about my brother and getting sad...sitting in traffic jams crying sad.  Tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of his passing and I've been thinking about him a lot lately.  My husband said that eventually that will pass...then he said "nevermind, I still remember the day my dad died and that was 30 years ago."  I just keep telling myself that my big brother was proud of me and he wouldn't want me to be sad all of the time.  So I have to keep busy.

This will also give me something to write about here since I seem to keep getting writer's block and going for months without posting anything.

Here's what I've been up to since last I wrote:

I met Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Linus and Lucy.



My youngest niece and nephew got to be elves in the CMA Country Christmas Special which airs on December 2nd at 9/8c on ABC

We had an awards show...

Here is the stage right before the show:

Oh yeah...and I did a walk by during the Hunter Hayes/Jason Mraz performance:

So now that the show is over and I'm just working on wrapping up some paperwork, hopefully this little blog won't be too neglected.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment