circle background

Friday, November 22, 2013

Quick and Easy Scrappy Pot Holder

I've been trying to get a bit of sewing in each morning before having to go in to work.  Trying to make up for the three long weeks I just finished up where I didn't have time to sew anything.  Which, in my opinion, is absolutely devastating.  I love to sew and see my finished products.  I had gotten several orders for custom items the last week as well so I was able to get a couple of those items done in my morning sewing sessions.

I've been wanting to make potholders for quite some time now.  I just kept forgetting to buy the "Insul-bright" batting.  I finally remembered on Saturday night and bought a yard at JoAnn's.  Out of one yard I should be able to get eight 8" potholders.  I also had these scraps of fabric left over from a throw pillow that I made a couple of months ago and I've been waiting for the perfect project to use them on.  Much to my surprise I had just enough for one pot holder.

I followed this tutorial from the Texas Freckles blog.  It went together so quickly.  She wasn't joking when she said it was "quick and easy."  I think this would be the perfect beginning quilting project for someone.




I am very pleased with how my first pot holder turned out.  Now I need to try making some mitts from the pattern that was on the batting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment