circle background

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Keeping avocados from going bad

I love avocados. I eat them on salads, on sandwiches and occasionally just by themselves.

Aldi had them on sale this week for $0.36 each! I've never gotten them that cheap before. Unfortunately there was a 6 per person limit so I may have to go back in a couple of days to get some more. Especially since I found this method for freezing them.



So easy...cut them in half, remove the seed, brush with lemon juice and pop in to a freezer bag.


I'm so happy I found this.  I figured using lemon juice somehow would aid in preserving them since I've used it to perk up guacamole.

I love lemon juice...so many uses around the house.  Toss the halves in to your garbage disposal to clean it after you've gotten the juice from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment