circle background

Monday, February 11, 2013

Faux chenille and homemade pillow forms

I've made a few faux chenille quilts in the last few months. Four of them are going to be for sale at a boutique in Asheville, NC when the shop opens in April. The shop owner also asked me if I could make some faux chenille throw pillow covers. I'm always up for trying new things. I think they turned out really well.

Another thing I did with these was to make my own pillow inserts. I priced out inserts at Joann's and even when they are 50% off, a 20" x 20" pillow form was going to be $8. That seemed a little ridiculous to me so I. Bought some really big bags of fiber fill instead.

I made the pillow form cases out of some white muslin that I had at home. Two and 1/4 yards of 90" muslin and three bags of fiber fill were all I needed to make 8 pillow forms. Four were 20x20 and four were 12x20 (lumbar pillows). So much cheaper than spending $64 on the pillow forms and they didn't take long to make either.



No comments:

Post a Comment