circle background

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Revamped heating pad

So you know how heating pads come with those plain baby blue covers? Mine was getting kind of rough looking after several years of use so I decided to make a nice new cover for mine out of some flannel scraps that I had lying around. It was just like making a little pillow case and adding some plastic snaps to the top. You wouldn't want metal because they might get too hot.

I cut a rectangle slightly larger than the heating pad. Then folded the short ends under 1/2" twice for a nice finished hem. I did it 1/2" so that the snaps would fit inside of it. I then folded the rectangle in half wrong sides together and sewed up the sides using 1/4" seam. Flip the case wrong side out and sew up the sides again using 1/4" seam to make a nice finished French seam. The flannel is also softer than the case that came with the heating pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment