circle background

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finally got to sew again today

My eyes feel good enough for me to sew again...yay! Today I made another crayon art portfolio. I found a tutorial at Jengerbread Creations (http://jengerbreadcreations.blogspot.com/2011/09/childs-art-portfolio-tutorial.html?m=1) I made one for my great niece for Christmas and she loved it. I made a couple of minor adjustments to pocket sizes (and also used a directional fabric on this one). I was pretty proud of myself for thinking ahead enough to cut the outer panel and sew it together again so that the ostriches would be right sides up on both sides when closed. How cute is this "Olive the Ostrich" fabric by Robert Kaufman? I also made the straps out of some sew in interfacing and the contrasting fabric.

I started working on another project today too but that one is a secret until I get it finished and have my model in it for pictures :)





No comments:

Post a Comment