circle background

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tomorrow I will attempt to be a teacher

So I have a neighbor who is getting ready to have a baby and she also wants to learn how to sew. I need to see if I would make a good sewing instructor so it's a win/win. I'm going to start her off with some simple terrycloth and flannel burp rags. I think that is a good (and very useful) beginner project. I had purchased a pretty pink bath towel from Goodwill a while back and I was going to make a bath may with it...that hasn't happened so I figure why not cut it up for the burp rags?

I can get 9 that measure approximately 10" x 16" and I have some funky print flannel that I bought over a year ago and never made those pajama pants with...it matches the pink towel perfectly. Then with the scraps from cutting the flannel to size...she can get some more practice in and make some super soft washcloths. Here's to another day of sewing tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment